Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to 2009

Hey everyone, Congrats! We all survived another year! Amazing, isn't it? Well in view of the past few months, I have decided (for the first time, EVER) to make a resolutions list. Yes, for those of you who know me well, it is a huge suprise-but I think one of the problems with resolutions is that people don't make them public enough-people most often succeed when the people in their life help with their goals. . So, here it goes....

1. Paint more. It brings me the rare calm of mind that allows me to think. Its better than meditation.

2. Volenteer. Spend at least one holiday this year helping others. Soup kitchen, Safe harbor-something. The lack of people who will help others in this world is astonishing-and I don't want to or intend to become one of those selfish people who can't get past their own issues.

3. Spend at least one day a week with my cell phone turned off. Compleatly off. No texts, no calls, nothing. Just peace and quiet. I love my friends, but sometimes I think they just add to my stress.

4. Learn more. In particular, languages. I want to improve my French, Russian, and possibly even Japanese. Maybe even work on my Quetcha, Hungarian, and Swahili.

5. Find peace and happiness in the little things. I have learned a little about this from my work in Kindergarten, but everyone needs to improve in this. See something that you like? Take a moment and figure out why you like it. Is it the color? The shape? Does it somehow trigger a memory?

6. Continue to be a good friend. Too many people I know are too caught up in themselves to be a good friend to ANYONE, and I don't want to be that kind of person. People like to use others-like making them go to a bar only so they can buy drinks for the other. People like to steal things- even as something as little as some makeup from a friends bathroom. People like to lie- pretending to be someones friend only to get information for someone else. All of these things are WRONG and I do not want to be a part of anyones life who practices these things.

7. Tell the Truth. Yes, I have made mistakes. Everyone has. Thats normal-however what sets people apart from the pack is the ability to realize that lying about said mistake only makes it worse. All of my mistakes have something in common- I will admit to them wholy. I will not lie about them. So if I object venomously to something- guess what-thats a sure sign that I didn't do what the rumors say I did.

8. Extend my appreaciation of art and music. In the past I have been too busy to paint or play or listen to music-and I dont like that. I feel like I have lost a part of me. This year, I will bring that back. I will also work on my writting. Maybe even finish up some of those novels that I have been writing. Journal more. Possibly even blog philisophicly.

9. Rid my life of those who treat me bad. I am too compassionate for my own good- and that can be a problem when I have several people in my life who just want me to help them with their problems, be there when they need me, do what they want, see who they want to see.. I think you get my point. Friendship is a two way street. While I will regret the loss of some of these people-it is defintly for my better to get them out of my life.

10. Practice what I preach. So many people are all talk. What's the point of talking if you can't follow through with it? It just cheapens who you are.
So there you go. Or, rather, Here I go. Until next time..


x x x x

1 comment:

  1. I can only focus on one resolution at at time, so I'm keeping it simple yet powerful.

    My resolution is to eat more beans.

    ReplyDelete